I woke today feeling cold and crabby due to the unrelenting arctic temperatures here in Illinois. Instead of staying stuck, I decided to feel better by sharing something warm with the people I love.
Here is my recipe for warm, happy and unstuck:
1) Go out to the barn and collect the days eggs. No barn? Just get outside for a few minutes to get your blood moving.
2) While oven is pre-heating to 425, wash the dishes with extra warm water to re-gain feelings in your fingers and listen to your favorite Pandora station.
3) Mix up a batch of your favorite baked item. I chose an oatmeal, banana, and blueberry loaf.
4)While yummy things are baking in the oven, curl up with a good book and your favorite animal.
5) Wake up the kids from a longer than usual slumber, and present them with their breakfast made with love.
6) Bask in the warmth of good food and being together.